Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Beautiful Arctic Winter Day

It’s a relatively warm day here in the interior, It is -15 in town but we live up in the hills above Fairbanks and it stays warmer. As I write this it is a warm 1 above here at the house!





I thought what the heck even though it has warmed up I will get the house cozy this afternoon and light a fire in the wood stove.




It has been very beautiful clear sunny day. This is unusual, normally when it is clear and sunny we get very frigid temperatures.




This time of year the sun sits low in the horizon and with the reflection on the snow it produces very beautiful colors.




I love the way it has a pinkish hue.




Happy Saturday and I hope you had a good week.  Hopefully it will stay warm and beautiful here for a few more days!

No comments: